Can't fricken wait for this movie!
THE MIDDLE GRADE NOVEL IS DONE!!!
Me = a very happy and very tired boy right now.
Thanks to Dave White, Lauren Barnholdt, Andrew Auseon, Keri Mikulski, and all my friends for kicking my butt to get this thing FINISHED!
Man, it feels so good. :)
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to all the fantastic moms out there!!!
A super special Happy Mother's Day to my mom, my mother-in-law, and my awesome wife (it's her very first Mother's Day!).
Love you ladies!
1) I've been banned from Twittering by my good buddy Dave White until I finish my Middle Grade novel. Granted, it's for my own good but man am I itching to tweet!
2) The good news is that I'm making GREAT progress and probably only have about 7,000 more words or so to write. I'm hoping to finish it this weekend!
3) Carrie Ryan's THE FOREST OF HANDS AND TEETH has been fast-tracked for Hollywood! This is awesome news for several reasons, but mostly because...well... It's about zombies!!
4) I got my wife the BEST Mother's Day gift for her first Mother's Day. Trust me on this. Wait until I can show it to you.
5) I got True Blood: The Complete First Season on Blu-ray in the mail today. Can't wait to watch it again with all the extra features!
Wish me luck finishing the novel this weekend!!
So I decided to make up for it yesterday by banging out over 2,000 words! That was the goal and I actually did it!
Writers often say that "ass in chair" works, but I've never realized just how well until I put my nose to the grindstone and did it. The story is flowing now, and everything seems to be coming together pretty well. I'm excited that the middle grade novel is almost done!
I also have to say a HUGE thanks to Dave White, Lauren Barnholdt, and Keri Mikulski. Not only have they all read the thing at some point, but they've been great friends pushing me along. Dave put the May 7th deadline to me, and Lauren has been busting my ass to write at least 1,000 words a day. You guys all rock!
Now, back to writing. Enough packing myself on the back. Ha!
1) Twitter exploded for me on Thursday and Friday! I had this crazy idea to donate 100 of my DVDs to the troops. Then I got this wacky notion to make it 200 DVDs if I had 2,000 Twitter followers by the end of Friday (I started around 1,600 on Thursday). Suffice to say, it went crazy! People followed. People pledged DVD donations. In the end, we rounded up almost 1,000 pledged DVDs for the troops (with even more still coming in) and even ended up getting written up on Cinematical! What a trip! If you want to follow me on Twitter, you can do so here: www.twitter.com/scottneumyer
2) I nearly forgot, however, that all these new followers won't matter if I don't finish my Middle Grade novel by the end of April! Dave White threw down the Gauntlet last week and told me that if I don't finish writing my MG novel by the end of April, I can't use Twitter until it's done! Need to get writing now!
3) Last night's UFC event was good...not great. Liddell might finally hang it up (though he's had an amazing career), and Shogun returned to the fighter he was in Pride for so long. The rest of the fights were entertaining, but mostly uneventful. Leites didn't want to engage with Silva, so that bout was mostly a bust.
4)I finally got around to watching Snow Angel and it's so damn good. I'm a HUGE David Gordon Green fan already, and the source material by Stewart O'Nan is fantastic, so I expected good things.
5) I'm still reading Something, Maybe by Elizabeth Scott on my Kindle and it's fun as hell.
6) Baby Santa has been SO good and cute and smily today. Yay!
7) The Wife starts her new job tomorrow, so everyone wish her luck!!
Have a great start to the week!
And now... I have goosebumps.
2) Baby Skylar spit up on me so badly yesterday morning. It was one of those projectile spit-up moments that reminds you of something out of The Exorcist. I was so covered in regurgitated formula that I had to jump right in the shower.
3) Regurgitated formula smells pretty damn bad.
4) I procrastinated most of today, while I should have been doing some of the writing I need to get done. Yeah, I pretty much suck like that.
5) I'm only about 75 followers or so away from 1,500 on Twitter. I've got a bunch of cool stuff put aside to give away to my 1,500th follower, so if you don't already follow me on there now's a good time to start. I'm here: http://www.twitter.com/scottneumyer
Have a killer Sunday, everybody!