I missed this week's Friday Five, so I figured I'd do a Sunday Seven!
1) Twitter exploded for me on Thursday and Friday! I had this crazy idea to donate 100 of my DVDs to the troops. Then I got this wacky notion to make it 200 DVDs if I had 2,000 Twitter followers by the end of Friday (I started around 1,600 on Thursday). Suffice to say, it went crazy! People followed. People pledged DVD donations. In the end, we rounded up almost 1,000 pledged DVDs for the troops (with even more still coming in) and even ended up getting written up on Cinematical! What a trip! If you want to follow me on Twitter, you can do so here: www.twitter.com/scottneumyer
2) I nearly forgot, however, that all these new followers won't matter if I don't finish my Middle Grade novel by the end of April! Dave White threw down the Gauntlet last week and told me that if I don't finish writing my MG novel by the end of April, I can't use Twitter until it's done! Need to get writing now!
3) Last night's UFC event was good...not great. Liddell might finally hang it up (though he's had an amazing career), and Shogun returned to the fighter he was in Pride for so long. The rest of the fights were entertaining, but mostly uneventful. Leites didn't want to engage with Silva, so that bout was mostly a bust.
4)I finally got around to watching Snow Angel and it's so damn good. I'm a HUGE David Gordon Green fan already, and the source material by Stewart O'Nan is fantastic, so I expected good things.
5) I'm still reading Something, Maybe by Elizabeth Scott on my Kindle and it's fun as hell.
6) Baby Santa has been SO good and cute and smily today. Yay!
7) The Wife starts her new job tomorrow, so everyone wish her luck!!
Have a great start to the week!